The fact is that by now most everyone in the United States, literally every man, woman and child’s private information has been compromised. The massive security breaches at some of the nation’s largest retailers, financial institutions, employers and more have been hacked. Keep in mind, that we only know about those database that have been reported and the reality is that there are an unimaginable number of breaches that are not reported or breaches that are still undetected. The bottom line is our inter-connect world connects almost everyone with everything making all of us vulnerable.
Knowing this the obvious question is what can we do about it? What can you do? In my opinion if you understand and agree that your private information has already been compromised, then all you can do is protect yourself from the inevitable use of that data by making yourself a less useful target.
My advice is to do 9 Simple and FREE things to protect yourself now:
- Add and Administrative account to your computer and convert your current account to a limited user
- Back up everything on your computer to 2 different sources, one of them offsite
- Update your software regularly
- Utilize 2-Factor identification whenever possible
- Utilize a password vault to create long and unique passwords that cannot be cracked
- If all you do is surf the Internet, use social websites, send email and create basic Work, Excel documents, get rid of your PC and replace it with a Chromebook
- Buy a shredder and use it
- Thoroughly review your credit once a year
- Download my Smart Cyber Security Audit and see where you stand today!
Download The Smart Cyber Security Audit by clicking here.
Also listen below to our appearance on the Refresh Your Wealth Show about this important topic
Description: Massive security breaches continue each month and almost week at some of the nation’s largest retailers, financial institutions, employers and even the Government. Knowing this, the obvious question is what can we do about it? What can you do practically today and tomorrow to protect your security.
EPISODE #181 Cyber Security – What you need to do now to protect your assets: Listen to the Episode
It’s a Good Life!
Randall A. Luebke RMA, RFC